Glory to God in the Highest! We can finally return to public Mass! Wahoo!! This has been hard on us all to be sure.
The dispensation from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass for all the faithful of the Diocese of Covington is extended until further notice. You are welcome to come, but not required, especially if you are high risk. Additionally, those who are sick should refrain from coming to church for fourteen (14) days from when they first began to experience symptoms.
Starting on May 20th, we will go back to our regular Mass schedule. (Sat. 4:30 pm; Sun. 7:30 am, 9:30 am (Latin), 11:30 am; Daily Mass at 8:00 am except Wed. and Sat. Wed. Mass at 7:00 pm. 1st Friday Latin Mass at 6:00 pm, and 1st Saturday Latin Mass at 9:30 am. Regular scheduled confession times will also resume.
Holy Mass will still be live-streamed on our website for those unable to come.
Here are the protocols that we have to follow for Holy Mass starting on May 20th:
• Masks are suggested to be worn by the faithful, but not required. The ushers and servers are instructed to wear masks. I will wear one for the distribution of Holy Communion.
• We must observe social distancing. You will find every other pew roped off in church. Also, there are dots on the pews to show where people should sit (6 feet apart). These dots do not apply for families. A family can sit together, no problem. If we encounter that there is not enough seating for all the people who come, we will open the church hall and the Mass will be live-streamed in the hall.
• There are dots on the main isle coming up for Holy Communion. Please try and observe the spacing in the isle. For Holy Communion, the people in the back of the church should come up first. This will allow the distancing in the isle to be observed better. Only one side will come up at a time, and then I will distribute to the other side when finished.
• I will be the only one distributing Holy Communion at this time.
• For Holy Communion, the protocols say to receive standing and in the hands. It is up to the pastor to decide if he will allow Holy Communion on the tongue. I will allow Holy Communion on the tongue. I am instructed to purify my hands after ever communicant when doing so. There is not a good way to purify the kneeler after every person, so it will be taken away.
• There will not be any Magnificats or missals in the pews. At this time, the red Latin Mass Missals will not be available. Also, the parish provided mantillas will not be available. Feel free to bring one from home, and also a missal to use during Mass.
• Please pick up a bulletin before going into church. It will have the hymns used for Mass. We will use it as our disposable worship aid. Please take it with you when you leave.
• For the Latin Mass, we will have low Mass until further notice. We are not allowed to have choirs meet. Also, no choir at the 11:30 am Mass.
• For simplicity sake, I am just going to use our seminarian Zach for the server, and Joe D. as the server for the Latin Mass until further notice. They must were a mask and gloves during these protocols.
• Before and after Mass, please do not congregate in the narthex (entrance to the church). Social distancing rules should be observed.
• Ushers are instructed wear masks and open the doors for people at the beginning and the end of Mass.
• The bathrooms in the church hall will be closed. The bathrooms in the entrance to the church will be open. Only 1 person is allowed in at a time with the exception of a parent and child.
• We will have hand sanitizer around for you to use after coming out of the bathroom after you wash your hands since you have to use the door handle. Also, it will be available after confession since you use the door handles.
• If standing in line for Confession, please observe social distancing. There are little white dots on the ground. Also, confession should be done behind the screen. I will place a chair without handles to replace the kneeler for now since there is no good way to sanitize the kneeler after every penitent.
• We are instructed to not have coffee and donuts or other gatherings after Mass until further notice.
We are requesting All Saints parishioners to sign up to help wipe down the church after Masses. Please see the link below to volunteer:
The Adoration chapel will remain closed. I would like to revamp how we do Adoration here at All Saints. We can’t have so many open slots in the bulletin. Also, there should be at least two people signed up for every hour in case someone can’t make it. We will work on it in time.
Rosary can resume Thursday night, except for May 21st because I have a funeral.
Please know that your Mass intentions are still being offered at my private Masses. Also as a reminder, we have Exposition and Adoration available every evening from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm thru Tuesday 5/19. The church is open all day from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm for private prayer.
Until the 20th, we will have live-streamed Mass at 9:00 am available from our website at www.allsaintswalton.com. Also, the church will be open all day from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm, and we will have an hour of Adoration every evening from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
The direct link for this Sunday’s Mass at 9:00 am (5/15) is here: https://youtu.be/g5bSeKDG4P4
The direct link for this Sunday’s Latin Mass at 10:30 am (5/17) is here: https://youtu.be/1MUeHM9hazE.
To subscribe to our YouTube channel, click the little YouTube icon at the top of this page on the right. Any time I go live or upload a video, you will receive an email notification.
I know this time is difficult. These protocols are meant to attempt to keep everyone safe and healthy. We will get through this together. I think I covered everything. If you noticed something I missed, or have any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to contact me. My door is always open.
Pray people return to the Good Lord. Perhaps this has been a chastisement for all the offenses done to our Precious Lord in the Holy Eucharist, not to mention all the immoral sinful practices now becoming standard even in government passed laws. Something to think about to be sure.
I look forward to seeing you all very soon! 🙂
God bless you,